Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Another Year Older, None the Wiser

It is that time of year again...Grandad and I have celebrated our birthdays once more.

I awoke the morning of my actual birthday ready to embrace the day and turning another year older.  I also got a good chuckle out of my first birthday wish of the day.  My dad called and left a message on my machine singing to me; Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, you look like a monkey, and Ron smells like one too.  Braison requested that we replay the message at least 7 times.  Thanks, dad, for the birthday wishes and smiles that it brought to our faces.  I was spoiled by Ron and the kids with flowers, cards, gifts, and going out to lunch.  I was also spoiled my numerous other people as well....to all of you, THANK YOU.

Since Grandad and I have birthdays only separated by a day, we usually have a family party to celebrate both at the same time. This year, we had dinner at my mom's house.  Thank you mom for a wonderful meal!

The Birthday kids
Everyone who helped us celebrate:

Grandma and kids

My great-grandma Barbara

My great-grandma Shirley (Grandad's mom)

My mom

Braison having a cold drink :o)

Ron providing the entertainment....playing the spoons

Grandma Barbara and Braison

Lilian and Ron (doing what Ron does best)
Lilian, Grandma Shirley, Grandad, Braison, me, Grandma Barbara

The whole group


Happy Birthday Grandad!!  Thank you for being so wonderful, you are loved so very much!

No comments: