Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Long Holiday Weekend

**This blog is being created due to overwhelming requests (ok, only one. Uncle Ken).  And, he may well be my only reader, so who am I to not listen to my public?**

We had a nice, low key Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year.  Here is what the feast (which I single-handedly prepared and served, thank you very much) looked like:
Ok, this isn't the actual feast I prepared, but it could be my feast's twin.  I didn't capture my own photo.  Sorry.  It was great to have my mom, John, Grandma, Grandad, Grandma Barbara, Grandma Shirley, and Uncle Mike (John's brother from Missouri who happened to be passing through town) to dinner.  We are so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives and are so grateful for each and every one of them.

The day after, in lieu of shopping with the crazies, we went the the Boise Festival of Trees where Lilian's dance class had a performance.  It was adorable.





 We had a great couple of days.  Then, the flu hit.  Hard.  So, now we are trying to recover.  So much for a nice, productive, long weekend.  Oh well, at least we are getting some good cuddling time in!

No comments: