Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Innocent Soul

We have a system at our house; one week one of us puts Lilian to bed and the other puts Braison to bed.  We swap each week.  It makes for a much shorter bedtime routine and we get equal time with each child.  Anyway, this is my week to put Lilian to bed.  We went in to say prayers last night (we say the popular, "Now I lay me down to sleep...") So, after we finished Lilian asks me, "Mommy, what is a soul?"
Ummm...wow, some things are difficult to explain to a two year old! So I told her, "Your soul is the light in your heart and when we pray this prayer, we are asking for Jesus to take your soul, if you should die.  Don't you want to be with Jesus forever?"
Her reply, "YES! Do you think my brain can go too?"

Oh, sweet, innocent, beautiful souls!


So, the kids' birthday party is rapidly approaching.  They are beyond excited.  We are having the party this Saturday at Monkey Buziness with our family and friends.  It should be a wonderful time! I will post photos of all the festivities.


~Ashley

No comments: